Friday, August 1, 2008

Where's The Fire?

No fire, but a gas leak down the street. Luca and I stepped into the front yard to see the fire truck go by and wave...And then they stopped ~ "Would he like to sit in the truck?" the fireman said...
Would he?!!!!!?!!!!!!!
Luca was thrilled (and so was mom...what an experience! and I just happened to have my camera outside!)
Luca turned the steering wheel, pressed some buttons (their wipers, flashers and radio probably went on when the firemen got back in), and made siren noises the whole time. He was in awe.
Don't you love his little head poking through that enormous window?

I even got into the action! The firemen were kind enough to take my picture with Luca before running off to their next act of heroism...but not before asking us "would you like lights and sirens before we drive away?" Luca thought that was even more wonderful, and has had a permanent smile on his face all night!

Thanks again to the friendly and kind Downers Grove FD for taking the time out to make this little boy's day such a special one!

No comments: